Wednesday 24 April 2013

Soooo...where am I at with CDC game?


It has been a couple of months since I last posted to this blog, so I figured it was time for an update.

It looks like my first board game will be published around May 16th, 2013. he developer is trying to get hold of the CDC to learn if we can use their acronym in our game title. If we can, I am thinking of changing the name of the game to NY-CDC: INFECTION. The artwork is starting to come in and I am very please with the look of the cards:

Back of the Event Cards


Front of an example Event Card


Back of a Lab Card



Front of an example Lab Equipment Card

Front of an example Lab Personnel Card (the barcode at the bottom will actually work!)



So next we are waiting on updated counters and the actually game board itself. I am really looking forward to seeing what they come up with, but am a very pleased with the artwork thus far!

Oh, and the play testing went very well. We had about a dozen play testers and they all enjoyed the game. They gave me great feedback and we made many changes to game based upon their comments and suggestions.

What else...

The game will be in a box (w00t!) and sold in actual stores as well as being sold online, so that great.

Anyhoo, that is all I have to report for now on the game publishing front. I am waiting to hear back from FallCon about the Canadian Game Design Awards about whether my game FACTIONS: CITY made into the semi-finals or not... :: keeps fingers crossed ::
 

No comments:

Post a Comment