Monday 10 February 2014

Reworking the designs of the hexes and molecules

I haven't play tested this yet, but I printed out my example components and they look too small. I think players will have difficulty instantly identifying various proteins if they are on the opposite side of the board from them. So I made a few changes.

I have changed the round molecule token to a square shape. This allows me to add more proteins to the token and is a better use of space. Probably easier to punch out the pieces too.

Molecule
I have also changed the background image of the hex so it uses less black. The previous image would have sucked all the black out of my printer. I think it is easier on the eyes and it makes the Research icons stand out more. The molecule in the bottom, right hand corner shows a Biohazard symbol in the corner, so it reinforces that this is the protein symbol you need to roll in order to clear out all frozen Biohazard dice when on this hex.

I also added a light green see-through square where the molecule token would be placed.


Hex
And finally here is an image of the molecule placed on the hex:


Molecule on a Hex
So what do you guys think? Is the iconography clear? Does the hex layout work? How about the molecule layout?

I am really, REALLY looking forward to finishing this prototype and getting it to game night!

No comments:

Post a Comment